Κύκλος / Επίπεδο:
Cycle / Level:
Υποχρεωτικό / Επιλογής:
Compulsory / Optional:
Introduction to the basic concepts, issues and models of communication theory.
Examines the different forms of communication and the diverse factors that influence them, as highlighted by different communication models. The structural distinction between linear and cyclical models of communication. The differences between two-way and one-way, mass and organisational communication. The logic of theory construction, their usefulness in understanding 20th century communication phenomena and technological mutations.
The student who has successfully completed the course will be able to:
1. Critically and comparatively understand basic theoretical communication models.
2. Ability to apply theoretical concepts to a case study.
3. Ability to link theory and practical application of theory to description/research.
4. Understanding of the relationship between politics and political communication.
5. Ability to conduct political communication campaigns.